On August 14, 2013, I had plastic surgery to remove excess skin from my body after massive weight loss. Four procedures were done in total: extended abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), brachioplasty (arm lift), mastopexy (breast lift) and breast augmentation. Here, you can read about the process from start to finish, as well as view pre- and post-operative pictures and videos.
Plastic Surgery Posts
- January 11, 2013 My [dimply, pendulous] Badge of Honor Call this a foreshadowing post from January 2013. I was nowhere near the mindset of having surgery, but I touch upon the idea, and post pictures of my loose skin.
- July 23, 2013 Shit Just Got Real Here is where, without any warning or previous posts mulling about being close to doing it, I announce that I’m having surgery.
- August 1, 2013 Pre-Pre-Op Planning My anxiety and overplanning nature kicks in.
- August 5, 2013 Post-Pre-Op Planning I go to my final pre-op appointment, pay for everything in full, and announce that I decided to get implants along with my breast lift.
- August 10, 2013 A Farewell to Skin Part 1 Maybe not everything YOU need to know, but everything I needed to know and do before committing to surgery. Here I discuss budgets, finding your surgeon, and preparing for the recovery phase.
- August 12, 2013 I’s Dotted and T’s Crossed My last post before surgery, where I discuss finalizing every detail, and also what I’m NOT going to miss about having loose skin.
- August 17, 2013 A Farewell to Skin Part 2 A very thorough recap of surgery day, and the first three days of recovery.
- August 24, 2013 Ten Days Later Drains are finally out! And a huge lesson to be learned.
- August 27, 2013 Back to Work My first day back at work.
- September 2, 2013 Making Progress! Finally feeling like a normal human being again.
Plastic Surgery Videos
My Plastic Surgery Resources
- Dr. Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS
- Sylvia Silvestri, Beverly Hills RN