A “Before” Video

Just in case my loose skin photographs weren’t enough evidence of what us formerly morbidly obese people have to carry around, here it is in live action. Hopefully, in about a month, I can post a much more aesthetically pleasing “after” video.

14 thoughts on “A “Before” Video

1. Tracy
    July 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

You’re amazing. Thanks for sharing and being so open. I look forward to watching your progress. One of these days, I’ll being going through the same process (I’m at the beginning of my journey – but I will get there).

2. Angie Ohm
    July 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

OMG!! I’m so excited and scared for you! ! I’ll totally come take care of u and bring you soup after!

3. July 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Very excited for you….What a big change for you. Your confidence shines through with or without this surgery which is fantastic but this will be the last step to complete your incredible story! Also: 34? I think you look much more like a 32….:) Just saying.

4. July 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I’m so excited for you. I know how expensive this surgery can be, so I am also jealous! Just kidding. It will be fun to see the “after” video!

5. July 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

You’re so brave! Thanks for sharing and I wish you the BEST and EASIEST recovery!

6. Angi
    July 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Jen over at Prior Fat Girl has had the same set you are having – her after pictures are cool – you can see what a huge difference it makes in her overall appearance. I hope your surgery is a success!

7. Chelse
    July 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us 🙂 I’m half way through my weight loss journey and you are a huge inspiration to me! I hope you have an easy surgery and recovery 🙂

8. July 28, 2013 at 3:05 AM

wow, just wow. So inspirational, so amazing. I would find it so hard to talk about it and show my body to other people like you have. thank you for sharing. It really hits home what being over weight does to your body.

9. July 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Thanks for being brave enough to share. It will help so many people who are struggling with excess skin from weight loss.

10. jennifer p
    July 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM

i just started reading your blog and i like it.i think you are amazing in what you have accomplished.im trying to do the same thing.and get to the point that you are at, where i can have the surgery,i dont know if i ever could afford it.i have some questions about the surgery.i know these are personal and if you dont want to answer i get it.is any of the surgery covered by insurance,how much does the surgery cost,if you dont want to give specifics can you give a range.can you put it on a credit card.and a couple of questions about losing the weight.what finally made you do it,and how do you keep up your motivation to do it.i have a problem with motivation and consistency, any words of wisdom would be helpful,thanks

1. Mae
      July 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Hi Jennifer! First, thank you. 🙂 I will address a whole bunch of surgery questions over the next couple posts, especially after my pre-op appointment on Monday, but I’ll answer some quick ones here.

– None of my surgery is covered by insurance. As much as my skin is an annoyance, my overall health and every day living is not affected by it.
      – Because I’m having SO much done, it’s much more expensive than just a regular tummy tuck. Including all my extra expenses (like recovery supplies, medication, etc.) it’s going to end up being around the cost of a brand new Honda Accord. This will vary WILDLY by region.

About why I decided to lose weight…well, I used to have a huge problem with motivation and consistency too (still do, even) but one day it just clicked. I can’t really explain it; it just happened. It’s hard for everyone…some people work better when they have a reason to get healthy (children, spouse, etc). Some people really want to wear cute dresses. Some people want to run a marathon. What’s your reason?

11. Wennie
    August 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Please don’t say it is embarrassing! I admire the determination and effort you’ve put in to lose all the weight. Not to mention the courage it took to film this! You are so genuine in the video! Your blog has continuously inspired me to workout!